On Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2019, the 13 Smart-E Loan “Top Performers” of 2018 were honored at the Energize CT Center in North Haven. These 13 contractors are headquartered and serve customers across the state, from New Milford to North Stonington and South Windsor to East Haven, and include HVAC, home performance and solar-focused companies. In 2018, the Top Performers helped nearly 250 Connecticut families make home energy improvements – allowing them to save money, reduce their carbon footprint, and live more comfortably in their homes. In partnership with participating local lenders, the Top Performers’ projects equaled $3.4 million in closed Smart-E Loans. Financed projects include insulation and window upgrades, solar, high efficiency heating and cooling solutions, and more; all helping the state of Connecticut work towards meeting the goals set forth in the Comprehensive Energy Strategy.
Out of more than 400 contractors who participate in the program, the Smart-E Loan Top Performers were chosen based on criteria including: having a minimum of 10 closed loans, scheduling in-person Smart-E training for their staff, using Smart-E marketing materials, developing partnerships with Smart-E lenders, and avoiding inspection issues. These 13 contractors embraced the Smart-E Loan in 2018, utilizing the flexibility of the product to best serve their customers.
The 13 Top Performers (in alphabetical order)
- 20/20 Air Mechanical (New Milford)
- Absolute Air Services (Middletown)
- Aegis Solar Energy (Branford)
- Duncklee Inc. (North Stonington)
- EcoSmart Home Services (East Berlin)
- Glasco Heating & Air Conditioning (South Windsor)
- Home Comfort Heating and Cooling Solutions (East Haven)
- HR Heating Services (East Hartford)
- Kennedy’s Plumbing & Heating (Hartford)
- Link Mechanical Services (New Britain)
- R&W Heating Energy Solutions (Salem)
- SolvIt Home Services (Plainville)
- Viglione Heating & Cooling (East Haven)