Loans Improving Multifamily Efficiency (LIME)
LIME financing can help your multifamily property make energy improvements (including going solar) a reality. Connecticut Green Bank has partnered with Capital For Change (C4C) to provide multifamily energy financing for owners seeking to improve the energy performance, economics, and health and safety of their properties. Loans are generally able to be repaid based on new cash flow created from the estimated energy, operations, and maintenance cost savings for the project.
- Save money on energy and operating costs
- Increase the value of your property by upgrading to efficient, high-performance equipment
- Improve occupancy rates by reducing tenant utility costs
- Improve tenant comfort and safety
Any market-rate or affordable multifamily property with 5 or more units is eligible for this financing. This includes partnerships, trusts, LLCs, sole proprietors, public housing authorities, non-profits, and condo/co-op associations, as as well as project sponsors who would, in turn, make a loan to an LLC or Partnership.
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy improvements.
- Up to 25% of loan proceeds may be used for non-energy efficiency improvements (structural, health/safety, etc.), provided there are sufficient savings.
- All fees and soft costs may be rolled into the loan. This includes items such as verification of proper installation, legal fees, and life of loan performance monitoring for each unit.
A UCC-1 on installed equipment required
Personal or corporate guarantees
Assignment of co-op or condo fees
Assignment of renewable energy credits
|Rate||6.00% – 6.99% (as of March 2020)|
|Loan term||5 – 20 years|
1.30x or greater project energy savings coverage ratio
1.10x or greater energy savings ratio for solar-only projects
Evidence of cash on hand sufficient to make 6 months’ interest payments must be provided by the borrower. If a subordinate mortgage is available, the project will be underwritten using a traditional mortgage underwriting approach, with a minimum debt service ratio of 1.20X after incorporating LIME debt payments and projected savings into the pro forma.
Contact us today with questions or to discuss your project with a Connecticut Green Bank representative.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (860) 257-2333.
Connecticut Green Bank offers LIME in partnership with Capital For Change.