At the Connecticut Green Bank, our policy is to respect and protect the privacy of our website users, consistent with the applicable laws of the United States and the State of Connecticut, including the Connecticut Freedom of Information Act and the Connecticut Personal Data Act.
Visitors should be aware that we may be required to disclose personal information in response to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, or pursuant to the Connecticut Freedom of Information Act. All record keepers face the possibility that disclosure of their records may be compelled in some civil, criminal, or administrative matters. Disclosures may also be necessary to protect the State’s legal rights or during emergencies if physical safety is believed to be at risk. These events are unlikely, but possible.
Information You Submit Voluntarily
We collect and store any information you submit voluntarily on this website or provide to Connecticut Green Bank through other interactions. Information is collected from website visitors, including, but not limited to, the areas described below:
- Registration– If you voluntarily register for specific information, including events, we will generally ask you to provide contact information such as your name, email address, and phone number. Please note that you may visit our website without registration.
- Contact Information– If you contact Connecticut Green Bank by telephone, email, social media channels, letter, or via our Contact Us page, we may keep a record of your correspondence, comments and/or any contact information you provide. If you report a problem with this website, we may collect such information in a file specific to you. If you contact Connecticut Green Bank through our Contact Us page or by calling us, we may ask for your name, phone number and email address so that we can respond to your inquiry.
- Newsletters – We may offer free newsletters and promotional emails as a service to you. We may send you newsletters and emails periodically listing current offerings, upcoming events, news, and tips. Please follow the opt-out procedures described in our newsletters or emails to stop receiving them. If you choose to unsubscribe, your request will be honored promptly.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you browse this website, you and your web browser may also transmit information that we automatically collect.
Cookies and Tracking
This website uses “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. You are not required to accept cookies to use this website. If you choose not to accept cookies, some functionality of this website may not work properly.
- To track visitors around our website. We may use this information to analyze browsing, use and navigation patterns on our website so that we may enhance and improve its functionality and service.
- To analyze device and location information on an aggregate basis.
- For marketing and advertising purposes. These uses include but are not limited to retargeting advertising, or serving you ads, once you have left our website and analyzing the effectiveness of our online advertisements.
- To personalize and improve the website experience including through personalized content provided to you based on the parts of the Connecticut Green Bank website you have viewed.
Third Party Advertising
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise across the Internet. Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to only display ads that are relevant to you; ads that are based on what parts of the website you have viewed. To accomplish this, Google AdWords Remarketing may place or recognize a unique cookie on your computer, and may record information to these cookies based upon your activities on our website and on third party websites. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922.
How to Opt Out of Remarketing and Advertising
Links to Third Party Sites
Security of Personal Information
The Connecticut Green Bank takes the security of your personal information seriously. We implement commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, and destruction of personal information collected through this website. However, we cannot and do not guarantee that your personal information will never be accessed by an unauthorized party or otherwise breached.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem reasonably necessary or desirable, unless any applicable law, rule, or regulation requires a different retention period. We reserve the right to delete or destroy any information collected, including personal information, at any time.
We may update or change our privacy practices and this policy from time to time. The date at the bottom of this policy reflects the date of the most recent update.
Questions and How to Contact Us
Policy updated: 11/27/19